Welcome to our Parish!
St. Boniface was founded by Bavarian immigrants in 1845. It was one of the first eighteen parishes in the state of Wisconsin and is the oldest parish in Washington County. Our founding pastor was Fr. Heiss, who later became Bishop of Milwaukee. Fr. Joseph Salzman was the first resident pastor and moved us to our present location on Goldendale Road. He had three students studying for priesthood while he served southern Washington County. They were ordained in 1849 for the Milwaukee Diocese. Fr. Paul Huber built the first stone church on our property and then the three of them went on to build St. Francis Seminary. Thus we feel very proud of our pioneer priests and members.
There was an attempt to found a parish school in 1868. The sisters who served us were asked to move to LaCrosse and were not replaced. In 1889 a school building was erected and in 1890 the School Sisters of St. Francis came to teach. At that point we were a well-established parish.
After the Second World War, a new school, convent and church were built on the property. Then on March 4, 1954 fire destroyed the St. Boniface church. The new church was completed in 1955.